This blog outlines and describes some of the interesting work that I often get to do while implementing DataCenter Solutions in the lab.
The DataCenter products that I work on are the OmniSwitch series of Chassis based & Top of rack switches from Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise.
This blog is merely a collection of the notes that I made over the Test & Development life-cycle to help clarify concepts. They ended up being useful to me and something that I could refer to over time. In the same spirit, I do hope some of it is useful for those using the OmniSwitch product line.
The features & Solutions that I am responsible for AND/OR contribute to are :
- High-availability Data center solutions based on L3 Leaf & Spine ECMP designs – mainly
– VxLAN overlay networks( implementation of hardware VxLAN Tunnel Endpoints, Virtual-Machine Snooping & VM aware QoS solutions)
– SPB 802.1aq Multipath networks.
- Converged Storage Area Network solutions – mainly
– FCoE Storage Area Networking and supporting protocols [N-Port ID Virtualization, E-Port Tunnelling over Ethernet, FIP Snooping & other features].
– ISCSI & NFS ( Interop with third-party vendors)
- Data Center Bridging Protocols – mainly
– Priority Flow Control (IEEE 802.1Qbb)
– Enhanced Transmission Selection (802.1Qaz)
– Quantized Congestion Notification (802.1Qau)
and Data Center Bridging Exchange Protocol (DCBx)]
- Shared Memory and Virtual Output Queuing systems .[1G, 10G and 40G line cards].
- Virtual Network Profiles.
Needless to say, the thoughts & opinions that are in this blog are mine alone.